Seats for Hornby R385 and R384 LMS short Clerestary coaches.

ColinB

I know these are a bit old now, I must admit I didn't even know I had them until I was searching for coaches for my new Caledonian loco. I remember Hornby didn't fit seats to these carriages, but does anyone know if it was possible to get seats from a third party supplier, that you could add to them?

In the end I bought a couple of packs of ParkSide Models Coach Seating packs and some plasticard I had left over from A4 conversions, and made my own. They came out quite well, I am just about to add passengers. So I assume 81F you designed your own on CAD and got Shapeways to print them.

• 1 month later...

After fitting one of my carriages with a home made units. I realised that I have 5 coaches that I want to use with my new Rails class 812 so a ready made item was a quicker and much better option. I contacted a guy on EBay that 3D prints seating units for old Triang coaches and he printed me some inserts that are tons better and cost virtually the same as the "home made units". So if anyone is interested in getting seating for these carriages, the same guy is now selling them on EBay. I have financial interest in this product, I just thought that they were incredibly useful. I now have a rake of coaches that are cheaper than their modern day equivalents and are the right colour to go with the loco.