Azuma directional lighting / select controller

maw78

Hi

My azuma arrived this morning ( stunning model ) however I use a Select controller and in the paperwork it says about if the directional lighting is the same on both ends ( mine is ) to "reverse" the decoder in the dummy car.

As the select doesnt have cv29 access it gives me instructions how to do this via the 0 button but despite this all I've managed to achieve so far is turning the lights at both ends from white to red ( I changed them back eventually ). My technical skills are rather lacking at things like this !!

How exactly do I change the lighting in just the dummy car so I have white lights at the front and red at the rear as it should be and vice versa if it runs in reverse ?

Thanks

Upgrade your Select to version 1.6 firmware and you will be able to write to all CVs between 1 and 255. This of course includes CV29.

I would normally have the powered car and the dummy car on the programming track at the same time.

Do the direction change, which will affect both, to get the dummy car lights to work "in reverse", then remove the dummy car from the track and do the reversing procedure again to restore the power car lighting to it's original state.