R3750 Belmond, 'British Pullman' - Which Sound Decoder?

Nigels2000

Hi,

I just got this lovely train pack and would at some point like to add a sound decoder to the loco. The illustration on the leaflet included with the pack shows the 'location' for fitting a decoder but doesn't elaborate on which one is recommended. Does anybody have any pointers? I assume a speaker will also be required as I doubt it comes with one fitted, although I would love to be proved wrong lol!

Cheers, Nigel

The Class 67 TTS decoder is R8105, but out of stock. The Class 66 TTS decoder R8121 is in stock and I assume would be a near equivalent if you are not looking for exact sounds.

The decoders comes with a speaker.

Thanks for the swift replies all, I guess as its not available at the moment that probably explains why I wasn't able to find a class 67 TTS anywhere. I'd therefore assumed it was not available, I was also a little confused as the illustration on the instruction leaflet seemed to show a sound decoder that was different in shape/fitting location to the standard 8 pin decoder hence why I asked.

I'll see if I can pick up a class 66 TTS if I can find one of those, does that come with the same type/shape of speaker as the class 67 one as I understand it has to fit in a box on the underside of the loco chassis?

Depending upon exactly which Class 67 your model is depends upon how the speaker fits. Both models look as if it will have to go under the floor in the tank area— see these variants, one may already have a speaker fitted but the other will need the weights removing. Neither will be a simple plug and play job, some extensive modelling skills will be required including soldering as the speaker wires will have to be disconnected, likely extended and fed from the tank area up through the chassis to the decoder location.

forum_image_61ee670697b2a.thumb.png.48b836c4cee148eccd57dc74c79f47d3.png

forum_image_61ee670b0e20a.thumb.png.d3eee5734b1ee8e2275074175c6b1c9b.png