Hornby Select Bachmann DCC Sound Compliance

Josh-1240884

Hi,

I have recently had to purchase and start using the Hornby Select controller, as my Elite controller has broken and Hornby do not currently have the spare parts to fix it.

I have managed to code some TTS Sound fitted engines and the new Bachmann Class 20 with DCC Sound, but the controller is seemingly not registering the new Bachmann Class 47 and V2 with sound and a loksound v5 decoder in another loco.

Is this a limitation of the select unit?

What do you mean by not registering them. Do you mean the address you have given them doesn't take ? Are you addressing within the range 1-59.

What is the version number of your Select - the first number seen as it powers up, which is then followed by 30 then 03. It will be between 10 and 20.

@96RAF

I believe its the newest version, includes the sticker on the box. Tried addressing the loco's within that range, a sound is made to suggest its registered and the light flashes repeatedly but not up to 7 or 8 times. Then when the loco is placed on the track, nothing at all happens.

You can simply give them a new address within the allowable range of 1-59, avoiding 3 which is the default for a new decoder.

If the address doesn’t stick then reset the decoder by writing value 8 to CV8 then check it works properly on default address 3. If OK you can change the address again.

You should have the v1.6/2.0 addendum to the v1.5 user manual. If you do not have these you can download them from the Hornby support area.

You can give a loco a long and a short address but you cannot use them both at once. They have to be flipped from one to the other in CV29 which makes it a pest operationally.

Just confirming in line with Rob’s advice, the Select at latest firmware should not have a problem controlling a Loksound decoder as long as the address is within Select’s 1-59 range.

And its being in a Bachmann loco should be irrelevant, the Select controls the decoder.