Internet connection problem on Installing on windows 10

My old PC running XP crashed fatally. We were unable to recover anything related to Rmaster. Obtained a refurbished Windows 10 tower. I have now ( after 3 attempts ) managed to update and install Railmaster V1 .74 r 2 and Elite V1.45 .

I have 2 Problems (1) I have no connection showing for internet on Rm screen . And (2) when setting up , I am instructed to go into Compatabity settings and tick Admin box , but rhere is no option for selecting windows 10 . I have selected windows 7 .

Oh , how I miss Windows XP .

Can anyone advise me how to rectify these problems ?

Obviously I am unable to contact HRMS to reset my Rm key and Rm Pro code.

All I can suggest is that you follow new installation guidance on the RailMaster Help Site, link in the sticky at the top of the RM forum.

Your issue is more than likely related to the security and firewall settings on the PC.

IMPORTANT COMMENT - I take it that you did permit the installer to allow access through your firewall and that you did right click the RM installer file and choose "Run as administrator" when you re-installed RM.

PS the current version is 1.74.5 and not 1.74.2. The 1.74.5 version is also downloadable from a sticky thread where the help site sticky is located.

Personally, I would completely uninstall what you have done so far and start again following the install guidance in the help site AND download the 1.74.5 version and use that.

Once you get RM connecting to the Internet, follow the guidance in FAQ1 located in the RailMaster FAQ Index sticky to get your controller set up to work with RM on Windows 10, the RM .ini file will need to be tweaked for Windows 10 and FAQ1 explains.

PPS. You might benefit from following guidance in FAQ8 with regard backing up your RM data for the future, should you lose your RM data again.

Something that is important in Win10 that was different in XP.

Win10 uses its own driver for the Elite/eLink, whereas XP used a Hornby driver.

The way this works (which is in the instructions but may not be obvious) is you connect the controller by USB before loading RM and let windows find it and install the driver, then you load RM. You likely will still have to tweak the .ini file as told of earlier.

Hi, just to let you know , I re-installed Rm, after removing previous installation. Corrected Alternative Comms & Check Controller settings in the ini File list. Closed and restarted Rm , and everything was ok ,with the exception of Internet Connection . Left Rm running and went down for a coffee , came back up and had an internet connection. worked on layout for a couple of hours and closed down for the night. On powering up yesterday, the Internet Connection was lost. went on You-tube to ACs excellent Video on changing Configuration of I.P Address to a fixed Address. Did as instructed. Opened Rm , but no joy with Internet still not connecting. Gave-up and powered off for the night. came up an hour ago, powered up , opened Rm and everything as it should be.

A long story to get telling you that I am a Happy Old Man. I think I will go and have a glass or 3 of the Russian stuff & Irn Bru.smiley