Hornby Select problem [when using DCC Address 02].

Flash1707822794

I have a Hornby Select controller it works perfectly with the decoders I use . Appel . But for some reason I can not use number 2 it says the loco is programmed with the number but then the 2 starts flashing and will not work I program the loco chip with a different number and is fine. I am the type of person that it all has to be in order. So this silly thing bugs me a bit... any idea out there thanks.

@Flash,

Rob is asking for the firmware version because very early versions had issues with some non Hornby decoder brands. Note that Select firmware is upgradeable, so once your firmware status is advised further guidance can be given.

As this is your very first post on this forum it would be appreciated if any replies you want to make are made using the "Reply Text Box" at the bottom of the page and not by clicking the within post blue button. Thank you for your cooperation.

• 1 month later...

They still do updates by return to works, but at a cost of around £15 plus one way postage. Call them for a returns number.

Current upgrade version is v1.6. New supply facelift Selects are at v2.0 functionally exactly the same as v1.6.

It is now over 6 weeks and no reply from Flash to give us any indication if he still has the problem, whether a reset solved it or possibly it will work better with a firmware upgrade from a very early version.

However, it is not unknown for some decoders to refuse to work on particular address/addresses and be perfectly fine on others. There is no logical reason why, but it does happen.