Reversing trains in both directions on DCC via track layout alone

Mick1707822781

Hi Im in the process of designing my first layout in DCC. I currently plan to take a point from an oval of track and take it to a goods/train yard. The oval has further points linking to an outer oval. If I bring a train onto the inner oval from the goods yard track the train will run counteclockwise around both loops. The question (probably dumb) I have is if I add a point on the track from the goods yard before I get to the oval and connect it to the oval further around the oval it looks like it should enable the train to run clockwise around the loop. (It looks a bit like a triangle of track on the corner of the oval). I know this would not have worked on a DC layout but wondered if it would work on DCC or will I have electrical problems etc? Apologies if the description is not clear

You will [as Rog says] need DCC RLM. At the top of this forum is a sticky thread for a "Reverse Loop Tutorial" I wrote. Read the section on dealing with WYEs. Note that Hornby have discontinued their R8238 RLM, why I do not know, but the tutorial includes an example selection of alternative brand RLMs.

@Mick

Moderator Note:

Could you please select the 'View my Community’ in your Dashboard on the Forum and choose a nickname in the ‘My profile' tab, rather than your First name that has been automatically allocated by the system. Hopefully a Forum change is coming soon to prevent this automatic allocation but a manual change is required at the moment and there will be more than one member with your name. This request together with some other information for new posters is contained in a thread at the top of the General Discussion section called ‘Information for new members registering for the Forum’