Changing DCC address from Default 3

mike77

No doubt this question has been answered in the past, but I can't find the post so please forgive me for asking the following question.

Here in New Zealand no hobby shops can supply sound decoders so only left with 4 function decoders, in my case it's a Hornby R8249 decoder, which runs beautiful on default 3.

I'm using a ANE Model LD101 Dual Controller and need to change the address but unable to make this change from the instructions in the manual.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Mike78

You say you have the manual and are following it to the letter.

https://dmgelectech.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/LD101-Mauual-ANEv2.00.pdf

Page 12 talks to changing a decoder address. Have you tried a long address per the vague instructions.

It all seems very simple until you try it then nothing follows the book.

Programming on the main (PoM) which is how this controller works has its limitations but you should be able to specify loco 3 for change and amend either CV1 the short address or invoke CV1025 to input a long address and auto configure CV29 to long addressing and write the correct values to CVs17 and 18 which stores the algorithm derived long address equivalents.

Thank you.

I could tell from the flow charts that the manual is an updated version, that will no doubt help. I will try the long address see if that makes any differences. Will let you know how I get on.

Thanks again

Mike

Thank you, at last I managed to change the address from the default 3 took a while to do and not 100% sure how I did it. but it works fine.

Thanks again

Mike

Mod note - your three duplicate posts removed. Well done BTW getting the address sorted.