Lysander paint scheme quandary

null_null981707818191

I’m just about to start on building one of the “missing links” in my 1940 RAF collection – a Westland Lysander as flown by 2 Squadron in the Battle of France. I’ve found an Eastern Express kit – which, to judge from the presence of the two SOE agents and the style of the aircrew, would seem to be perhaps the old Airfix mould (or a slightly dodgy copy?). I’d rather have tried to find a genuine Airfix version, but hens and teeth spring to mind.

Anyway, I can’t find anywhere on t’interweb a definitive version of the paint scheme. Upper surfaces seem to be dark earth and dark green, but lower/underwing colours seem to vary between black/white or pale grey or Sky Type S. The kit instructions are of no use whatever in terms of paint schemes!

Anyone got any ideas?

The Eastern Express kit is the Frog tooling.

Dark Green/Dark Earth uppers, fuselage could be wrap around. Under surfaces are dependent on timescale, it could be aluminium, black/white or Sky. Chronology would be the same as for fighters, so really you need to pin your airframe down to a specific date.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I have an Airfix 1/72 Lysander that I'm willing to sell. I'm not sure what the rules are n here re posting e-mail addresses etc. It is a bit of a rarity and, to be honest, I'm not sure of a realistic value at the moment. If interested please reply to this and maybe we can do a deal without upsetting anyone?

It is not permitted to exchange personal details on this site.

• Please keep in mind that the Airfix Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).

It is not permitted to exchange personal details on this site.

• Please keep in mind that the Airfix Forum is a publicly viewable space and you should never post personal information (including email addresses).

Thanks. That's what I thought.