New Engine Ideas

Andrew-1211373

• 2 weeks later...

I think they would be better off with a narrower range and pay more attention to quality and quantity with improved reliability and standardisation of mechanical parts as well as proper support for body and other detail parts.

96RAF I agree with you entirely, though I don't think they are going that way. Trouble is because of their obsession with detail (reading RMWeb and model railway press) they will just carry on with their current trend. The trouble is they generally don't sell as spare parts the bits that fall off, whistles, reversing rods, smoke deflectors etc.

Oh yes. Please may we have an update to the Great Western tank engine class 57XX. Wonderful little workhorse for the Era 3 and a stalwart for my own branch line, the Uffington Farringdon branch.

Good idea, and if it could be tooled to represent a loco without a topfeed boiler it would, I think, be a useful alternative to the Bachmann model and very popular. I would certainly buy one, and an updated 'hifi' 2721 pannier as well (or an 1854).