Railmaster won't connect with website

For the last week, when starting up Railmaster on my son's laptop, it no longer connects to the Railmaster website. But it still connects with the elink. This means without the internet connection my son can no longer use handheld devices.

The Railmaster help is also not functioning & Railmaster support aren't responding to emails.

Not aware of any laptop changes and Railmaster has always been allowed through the firewall (just check it still is).

Windows 11

Railmaster 1.74

Any suggestions?

Start by checking out the bottom sticky thread on this forum - RM Help Site.

But when you say it won’t connect, what error message are you getting when?

Then I’m assuming you mean an internal RM help request isn’t getting through and not even returning the auto-acknowledgement?

And I don’t believe you need internet connectivity for HHs, just Wi-Fi.

I trawled through various posts & spotted a couple of people had similar issues with ISPs allocating blocked IP addresses and the solution being restarting their routers so a new IP address would be allocated. So I tried this and "hey presto", we're now back connected to the Railmaster website (and therewith the help function).

Without an offline help facility, we've been wandering in the dark.

The suggestions that support emailed were of no help.

Fault finding these problems is a step by step procedure and HRMS having suggested one thing and it not working would have then progressed to the next item on their list of likely fixes, thus they would have gotten there in the end.

Regardless of that it just shows that the Oz ISP blocker is alive and well and still causing mischief.