Best TTS sound chip for R3316 Fowler S&DJR 4-4-0 Class 2P

Jessville-747092

Hi, there's been several threads on here for the best TTS sound chip for a Fowler 4-4-0 Class 2P. However, the threads stop with products being no longer available, or the threads are several years old. Some say you can use any sound chip, depending on number of cylinders, chuffs etc. So, what's available as of today that would sound good on my loco? What's trued and true? Many thanks

If you are restricting yourself to Hornby sound decoders, the only reasonably suitable one currently available from them is R7239 for the J36 loco as it is also a 2-cylinder locomotive, although the whistle sound will not be true to the Fowler 2P as they are from different designers for different railway companies.

Hi, thanks for that. That decoder is "cheap as chips" here in NZ compared to other Hornby TTS decoders, so stroke of luck grinning However, I'm certainly not restricting myself to Hornby products if somebody thinks something is better suited (can you suggest that on this forum?) So long as things run smooth with my Elite DCC