Question for the Electronics experts - you know who you are....

I have connected an evaluation copy of Railmaster to my master terminal after a lot of huffing and puffing... My computer knowledge ( like my electronics) is limited.

My question is: When selecting the static IP address for the Master terminal (

Elite connected terminal) can you use any numbers for the IP (192.345.99.1) or do you have to go to the ipconfig/all and get a rough IP address - in my case it was 88.17.10.21 so I selected as the IP address 88.17.10.1 on the main terminal and 88.17.10.2 on

the 'slave'

Anyway, just in case anyone wants to do this ( and its quite useful to have a secondary PC) even if it is just running 2 locos and 4 points ( I have a different bit of the layout now for the part on the slave PC dedicated for its use.

The

thing that took me a long time to figure out is that the TCP adds number in the configuration file for the slave and master MUST be the same. On the slave it was 30 and the master 80. Once I changed both to 80 the connection was made.

Non of this (

as far as I can find) is in any documentation - if that isn't the case, please let me know.

ooops sorry - are my ramblings so incomprehensible?

Just got into a tangle with IP addresses and wanted clarification from a network expert - I didn't mean electronics expert. Not a big deal, I got it to work but my approach was a bit clunky and

blind!

• 1 month later...

Archived