Reversing Loco Direction

81F

Please can someone tell me if there is a way of using my Hornby elite to reverse the direction of the chip while the loco is still on the running track with other locos rather than returning it to the programming track?

I have a couple of locos which I would like to operate nose to nose (Class 20). The problem is that if I combine them into a double header they work against each other (i.e. push together or pull away).

At the moment I have programmed one loco to run in reverse using the programming track which is fine when used together but not when I use them separately I forget which is the reversed one as they look very similar. This often results in an accident.

Many thanks

It is presumed your pair of 20s have separate addresses and are not operating as a double header yet. Change CV29 by programming it in Operate mode (i.e. programming on the main or PoM) This requires you to enter the address of the target loco so that only it responds to the change commands. Note that in Operate mode you can only blind write to a CV and not read-back from it. Use an on-line calculator to find the correct value for CV29 to enable the default direction swap.

• 2 weeks later...