broken 00 brighton belle

mikee

I am attempting to repair a partial BB set consisting x3 coaches plus Broken dummy end. How do I get the table lamps to light.? T he coaches have x6866 non pick up bogies. The lamps have redish brown and yellow wiring. For the dummy end he has given me x2 x6421 bogies which have pickups and white and green wires. I guess (I have NOT tried) I solder one wire to the yellows and one to the red/brown. BUT white to yellow or red/brown and the green to ??. The service sheet HSS379C (understandably) does not have a wiring diagram. My hornby pullman coaches have individual bogie pick ups and are quite different to the BBs. Any (helpful) suggestions folks??? Before I am tempted to get my soldering iron out.

If each coach is separate then as long as you don’t cross connect the bogies it shouldn’t matter as the lighting arrangements in each coach have a four diode bridge rectifier that allows them to light in either direction on DC or handle DCC track voltage.

If each coach has a live coupling then polarity matching twixt coaches is important to avoid shorts.

If I remember correctly the Brighton Belle carriage formation had to be assembled in the correct order? You say partial set - I assume you do not have a "motor bogie"?

CORRECT alas no motorised lead car