Select programming on the main

Hipwell

Hi guys.

When programming the main with the select 1.6, does it alter the cvs for all locos on the track?

I was reading about programming on the main with other controllers and from what I can gather they only change the cvs for the loco which is selected.

I was programming with my select the other day and noticed that when I programmed, the lights on my other locos went off which usually indicates they are been programmed.

In the manual I think I saw a section on changing direction of the locos which would usually alter cv 29, but it doesn't mention anything about removing other locos.

Is the select program on the main different to how others work?

The Select only has a single output to be used either for running or programming. It is service mode programming but effectively on the main unless you arrange to provide a switch selectable programming track.

There is no provision to select the decoder address being programmed hence anything on track will hear and obey.

When you are programming with a Select the initial action is to long press Select then input address 0 or 00 which invokes programming mode for changing CVs. Entering any other address at that LA prompt simply programs that new address into anything listening.