New Railway Children Film locomotive.

ColinB

I got the answer I was after. Sam of Sam's Trains got given one for free from the makers of the Film. It appears the livery is as the film, but is not LMS livery for the tender, the Hornby loco is left hand drive whereas in the film the loco is right hand drive. As he got it for free he didn't do a review.

Thanks Ruffnut Thorston thar explains the surround on the LMS of the tender, they probably thought that was the easy way to cover the BR logo. Also thanks for the much larger information. Keithley and Worth are not going to complain it is all money to them and if it helps keep it running, nor am I.

It sometimes doesn't pay to be knowledgeable about the railways, if you watch movies...

Yes, the sequel uses a real railway company, perhaps it is easier to suspend disbelief watching the original (it was on TV the other day, and will be probably be on a several times whilst the sequel is in the cinemas) on account of everything (locos and coaches) being liveried "Great Northern and Southern Railway" on what to a relative novice looks like ex GNR/LNER and LNWR coaches, and lets not mention that they are mostly pulled by a GWR 57XX in that livery.

I guess movies are about stories, and few directors are as picky as Peter Jackson about fine details of the background dressing.

Totally correct - yes. Another classic!! Sid James at his best.

Bernard was brilliant in the Railway Children.

I'm in a different time zone for now, generally 'chilling' perhaps a little too much after full days with an over-stressed colleague driving me a little bit .... !!

Al.

@Ruffnut "...doesn't pay to be too knowledgable..."

How right. I remember being well taken by a superb costume drama until I spotted a plumbing joint in a domestic installation. It was of a type not introduced until fully 50 years after the period depicted. Ruined the film for me - talk about nerdish! The same applies to any film involving railways unless it is something like the Railway Children (original) or Chitty Chitty Bang Bang where one knows that the railway element is fictional in any event. I have come to accept that even in the more "serious" productions compromise is inevitable, such as vintage trains running on modern track although one might wish that a well advised producer/director might edit shots appropriately to avoid such anomalies. Ok, I am not just a nerd, I am a hopeless nerd.