Problem with some tts decoders not working on esu ecos controller

andys steam dayz

Hi

I have heard that some later versions of tts decoders do not work properly with the Esu Ecos controller just wonder if the problem has been addressed.The problem is you can tun the loco one way it will run forward and in reverse with sound. But when you turn the loco round nothing happens no forward or revers movement nor is there any sound yet older tts sound chips workbfine.I know a few people have had problems and sent there locos back to Hornby to have them reprogrammed to have them working both ways so obviously hornby know of the problem just wondered if anyone had heard if they have resolved this problem

This was a firmware bug on TTS decoders more than 12 months ago and was rectified in later manufacture.

Hornby provided a free returns service to upgrade any with the bug. If you come across one, all you need do is contact them for a returns number.

Fishy is correct. There was a unidirectional bug in some TTS decoders which affected operation and programming by any controller. Long since fixed in production but possibly affected decoders could be sat on shop shelves.

Hi Thanks for the answers I have about 3 locos I need to test with tts sound they ate unrebuily merchant navy, city of Birmingham Duchess and Lord Nelson all with tts I also have a king and Castle tts decoder need to get them fitted and test those as well at least if any are dodgy I can contact Hornby