My collection so far.

SD45elect2000

• 2 weeks later...

a nice scheme on this one randall a bit different from the all metal finish, the setting of the picture is good and the figures make a big difference to it, does the driver in this set fit in the jeep.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paul71 said:

a nice scheme on this one randall a bit different from the all metal finish, the setting of the picture is good and the figures make a big difference to it, does the driver in this set fit in the jeep.

I’m trying to find a driver that fits. 

Randall

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Grumps123 said:

Great builds, good to see one Whirlwind but four! in differing schemes, excellent. 👍😁 What is the Special Hobby kit like?

These kits were OK as multi media kits go. Some things are a hassle like the instrument panel made of three different material, plastic, acetate and etched stainless steel.  The detail is very fine so thin coats of paint won’t fill detail. 
Small parts are resin and very delicate. I intended to put the radio rigging wires on but the mast is too delicate to hold any tension.

I have one more fighter/bomber kit to do but not a lot of paint schemes to choose from. What a pretty airplane! Pity that there weren’t many of them.

Randall

• Like 1

Always seems to be an understated aircraft, the Whirlwind, I love 'em! You've done a great job.

Not many were actually built so keep going and you could have the entire complement 🙂

Ian

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Always seems to be an understated aircraft, the Whirlwind, I love 'em! You've done a great job.

Not many were actually built so keep going and you could have the entire complement 🙂

Ian

I have one more kit, I have thought about a squadron sized collection.

Randall

• Like 1

For anyone who is interested, a full size exact (non-flying) reproduction of a Whirlwind is being built at the Kent Battle of Britain Museum at Hawkinge, near Folkestone. So far they have completed the cockpit and gun bay in the nose, and are now working on the rear fuselage. Some actual Whirlwind parts are being incorporated I believe. 

This will be the only place to see one as no originals survive.

This is a great museum to visit in its own right, as they possess many original and replica BoB aircraft, and artifacts from downed planes. contents include about half a dozen replica Hurricanes, about the same amount of replica Spitfires, 3 or 4 replica 109E's, a new built Defiant, original Harvard, Tiger Moth, He 111H-6 (originally thought to be a CASA 2.111, but makers plates were found to prove otherwise), Ju52/3m (actually this is a repainted Spanish CASA 352L), and Blenheim (Canadian Bolingbrook).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...