My collection so far.

SD45elect2000

The whole thing is very good, well done. 
I like the figures and the Jeep. No one driving it, I guess they’re afraid it would shoot across the fuselage and make a big hole on the other side. Now that would be an interesting diorama. 

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Dominic Thomas said:

The whole thing is very good, well done. 
I like the figures and the Jeep. No one driving it, I guess they’re afraid it would shoot across the fuselage and make a big hole on the other side. Now that would be an interesting diorama. 

I actually have a driver for it but he doesn’t fit..

Thanks Dominic.

Randall

Edited by SD45elect2000

42 minutes ago, Grumps123 said:

Lovely build and great extra detail such as the jeep and the Paras. 👍Were the invasion stripes decals or were they painted on? Just asking as I noticed gaps at front of each wing.

The stripes are painted on, I don't think they painted over the de-icing boots, could be wrong..

Randall

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, SD45elect2000 said:

The stripes are painted on, I don't think they painted over the de-icing boots, could be wrong..

Randall

They might have done because the stripes were painted on a few hours before the start of the air invasion and were a bit messy. But don't forget they were painted on with brooms and either whitewash or house emulsion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SD45elect2000 said:

I wanted an Airfix B-25 in silver.

This is the original Airfix version, a good few of these must have ended up hanging from bedroom ceilings back in the day. It was a really neat looking kit.

It came with three options. I built one of the solid nose versions with some decals from a Revell kit.

DSC_0197.thumb.JPG.404c716d693cb6ebc208e14f20cf414e.JPG

DSC_0181.thumb.JPG.a586a65033ccef988d9a1d31d9471a35.JPG

• Like 4

23 hours ago, SD45elect2000 said:

any notes on how I can improve ?

Nope 🙂 I think you've nailed it. Particularly liked the tonal variations on the flying surfaces. The only thing I do, especially on the bigger aircraft, is to flatten the wheels rather than stand on a rounded wheel. That said, I can't see if you've done that or not from the angle of the photos, so I should just be quiet.

The B-25 is fab too. I'd like to see the actual picture the photographer is taking. perhaps you could place the camera where he is standing and see what you can get 🙂

Ian

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Nope 🙂 I think you've nailed it. Particularly liked the tonal variations on the flying surfaces. The only thing I do, especially on the bigger aircraft, is to flatten the wheels rather than stand on a rounded wheel. That said, I can't see if you've done that or not from the angle of the photos, so I should just be quiet.

The B-25 is fab too. I'd like to see the actual picture the photographer is taking. perhaps you could place the camera where he is standing and see what you can get 🙂

Ian

Airfix did provide weighted wheels on this kit. The effect is subtle but it's there.

Thanks for checking out my B-25 !

Randall  

10 minutes ago, modeling maniac said:

Love all three of those B-25. Good job 👏 👍 👌

Three? Hidden in this thread, there are now five B-25s, check them out, Airfis B-25 kits are wonderful!!

I think I have SIX more Airfix kits to build and eight others, but, I have 3500 other types to build as well . It is difficult to choose.

Randall

• Like 1