Adding lights to R30079TTS class 47/7 47712

The Bowl

Hi All, I’m still fairly new to all this DCC lark, trying to support my son as he builds his layout. We recently took delivery of the R30079TTS Class 47/7 47712"Lady Diana Spencer" in ScotRail livery - TTS sound fitted.

How do we add lights to the loco? If this can be explained in basic terms for what we have to do then that would be ideal.

Many Thanks

Several firms produce a lighting kit for the Hornby 47. Kytes lights, Express Models, Black Kat Electronics, etc.

These are relatively easy to fit but do require you to drill the loco body for the LEDs and to be able to solder the kit wires to the inner four pins of the existing decoder socket (not the decoder itself).

If you have confidence to dismantle your loco and these modelling skills then it is also possible to make up your own lighting kit using cheap to buy white and red LEDs and 1K ohm resisters.

Here is a typical Express Models kit in situ in a Class 66. You don’t need the ugly black plug, that was me trying to be smart.

forum_image_63319b8216fa4.png.6856c588e0bad7d95b4dddb2c0f33f81.png

While you have your answer to this one, might I suggest an improvement to your title format for your next one? Using this title as a guide, I would have made it more informative by starting with “Adding Lights to …..”.

To keep it simple for users here, it is always best to actually refer directly to your problem or the info you are trying to find out. That way, we know immediately if we can help or not.