Latest Airfix Spitfire prepares for first flight

Hurricane Boy

Nice blog by Michael Clegg in this weeks Workbench Blog on the new 1/24th Spitfire. Good pictures of the built up model in all of the decal options except for JEJ EN398. The omission of JEJ may be because this option was added late or maybe it will show up at the time of the highly anticipated Kit release.

There is also a “walk around” video showing the very high level of component detail and the very fine surface detail. Just beautiful!

I know that I will get one of these…. but given the size of the box there is no way to sneak it into the house let alone hiding it without SWMBO (do I have the acronym right, Ratch) seeing it … it will take about as much discussion as my new road bicycle did.

Once in my hot little hands …. Then what to build … JEJ EN398? Or Wally MacLeod’s 2I-H MK321? or LF MkIX NH188 in an overall (PR?) blue which flew as a civil aircraft around my area 60 years ago? What ever version I chose, I should get the after market decals/parts when I buy the kit. Decisions..Decisions

Cheers,

Tim

• 2 weeks later...