A03381 Forward Command Post

A Christmas holiday project, found the FCP kit in my favourite antique centre for a pittance and got the base from Amera and a few kits out of the stash to add interest and add height in places, such as telegraph pole and some 3D printed sandbags.

Brick colours made using a mixing of H29 and H60 in various amounts and the real brick dust from a surplus Tenby Red brick. Extra wooden timbers made from a cut up spill for lighting Bunson burners as they are nice and thin and then painted and lightly gone over with a charcoal drawing stick. Oil washes and dry brushing to enhance various details and give contrast. Everything was set with diluted PVA glue. I like these kits etc as it lets your imagination run wild but the hardest part is knowing when to stop!

I tried to keep the colours in the same tonal range but the required H83 on the Bedford's canvass sticks out too much for my liking.

forum_image_63b40f86d1bb1.png.2915ed90d5fb0e355be122cc9fece0cb.png

forum_image_63b40f89788bf.png.7bd5ce8ef5610b1404f0bdf2fdec509b.png

In case you're wondering the rest of the platoon and drivers are at the NAAFI next door having breakfast.

One annoyance was that the Vallejo acrylic matt varnish, no matter how many coats applied, couldn't dull the surface in various places.

forum_image_63b40f8bcf2fd.png.9e252f3bcad0999a524585dd1fc580e6.png

Have to mount it and tidy the edges but that's for another day.

Andy