Firesafe Dynamometer car ...

atom3624

Not Hornby, but I'm sure I'm not the only person who purchased one of these little beauties!!

Rapido Trains have presented a 2nd issue of their fantastic model of the LNER Dynamometer Car - as seen at York NRM. Nearly immediately they issued a total recall for potential fire hazard - something wrt the PCB inside.

Just received my replacement today - looks absolutely fantastic on the rails, running behind Scottie and my 8 Super Detail Hornby teaks.

Al.

Hi Vespa, not certain if it's the same - I didn't mark the model or box - as I might normally do.

Totally agreed, full marks on Rapido, for being, erm, rapido!

Yes, thanks, nice pair of locomotives, and both run quite well - Sutherland has that 'sticky chassis' anomaly some Hornby steamies have - rods aren't catching anywhere, very good lateral movement of drivers, so suspect it's possibly slop in the gears, slightly 'off' moulding of the gears, slight misalignment in the quartering, or any combination of them all!

Once moving she's fine, smooth enough and with a good turn of speed.

Scottie is super smooth, and the video was at 80% power!

Al.

Here's a similar video of the LMS Hornby Duchess of Abercorn renamed / renumbered to Duchess of Sutherland 6233 - looks much better without blinkers - and more aggressive I think.

I've added draincocks, jewelled lamps, crew, cab drop plate, shortened the drawbar, added cab doors, glossed lightly, and also added the small side 'ash collector' / draft deflector windows.

Al.