Wheel Nuts catching Pick - Ups

Deem

I have taken another FS out of my storage Model R3086.

In this model the spacer is in between Coupling Road and Con rods.

So I have placed the spacer as above model, in correct place, between coupling rod and Con Rod, gap was still very visible.

So I found some old duchess coupling road, cut the coupling road and made, sort of washer which is just the correct size. Installed home made washer as well, now the gap is almost none, installed new pick ups and let the Loco run on rolling road for good 20 minutes on each direction. So far so good without any issue, quite pleased with outcome. Will post pictures later.

Regards

I remember sourcing correct parts for Railroad Flying Scotsmans became something of a nightmare because of undocumented specification changes made by Hornby, although admittedly more affecting R2675 than R3086. Now knowing that the loco was purchased secondhand, I wonder whether the troublesome crank pin is too long because either that pin or the complete set of wheelsets is wrong for the model. It appears that that loco is fitted with the finer etched rodding which is thinner than the earlier pressed versions. The crank pin on the loco could be too long for the etched rods because it was intended to be used with pressed rods. Alternatively, the spacer fitted could have come from a coupling rod pack or other loco with pressed rods.