Railmaster controlling colour light signals

I have a signal ( 2nd port) on the R8247 which will not respond to the signal command in the Railmaster programme script. Actually, I can set it from STOP to CLEAR once, but never back to STOP again through a script. I can set it STOP/CLEAR/STOP manually

without a problem. The other port ( where I have a light signal) works fine STOP/CLEAR manually and through a railmaster script.

Was wondering if anyone else has observed this conundrum?

If it's a solenoid operated signal (e.g. home or distant) are you leaving enough time for the accessory decoder to charge up? Although that shouldn't really be an issue. I have a layout with many signals and drive them through RailMaster (also points)

and they set correctly. All are powered through the R8247 decoder.

If it works manually when clicking the signal on the screen then it certainly should work within programs. If you still have no joy then you should send a help request from within RailMaster

to Hornby. They will then also get your plan and the program you are working on and will be able to test it for you at their end or see if there is something obviously wrong.

Discovered what the problem is. The signal had a reverse polarity checked as I didn't want to move the wires over, this works fine if you operate manually the signals from Railmaster but if you write a programme it doesn't like it. Guess, there is a bug

in there somewhere.

Anyway, have reversed the wires and unchecked the box and all is ok now

I have a large layout with lots of signals and points, many of which are wired in reverse so I set reverse polarity on the plan settings.

I've get a few programs which switch points and signals and all of them work fine, reverse polarity or not.

In fact I'm just written a small program to test the problem you were having and, with reverse polarity set, it sets the signals correctly every time.

I'm running the latest RailMaster 1.40. And the Elite is in Standard mode on firmware 1.3 (I haven't

updated the firmware yet).

Archived