Class 67 (Railroad) Bogies

M. Matthews

Hi All

I’m looking for the number of the part that is the dummy bogies for the railroad class 67. Just the part that has the coupling attached to it, clips off fairly easily.

This is where it gets a bit more complicated. This version of the 67 that I have is definitely an old Lima tooling which has clip on couplings that are definitely not NEM. Now before this railroad version came out, I understand there was another version of the 67 which had NEM couplers despite being railroad standard. This is the one found in the EWS managers train pack. So I’m specifically looking for the clip on bogie that has the NEM pocket on the off chance that it could be found somewhere!

Failing that, if anyone knows a good way to transform this type of coupling, please share your wisdom. I’m just really not a fan of the D-Loop couplings.

Cheers!

forum_image_6421b137ed0d1.thumb.png.89c6f3b5fa4e4c7dff503bec73d38112.pngNot a great picture but hopefully clear enough. Getting a NEM pocket on there somewhere is a possibility but I see challenges getting it the right height. I was hoping west hill wagon works would have something as they seem to have many variants but it looks like this one has not been covered yet.

Hornby have not yet issued a Service Sheet for the revamped Railroad class 67 loco with NEM couplings so it is most unlikely anyone outside the company will know the part number. Your best way forward would be to contact Hornby Customer Services.

Modifying the existing bogie frame outer cross-member to take a NEM coupling mounting block may be possible but care would have to be taken to avoid affecting the integrity of that cross-member because it appears to be where the outer end of the gear tower casing is secured.

Although the main-range class 67 bogie frame takes NEM couplings, it is not interchangeable on to the Railroad model.

So in the end, I found a fairly acceptable and easy solution for this problem. I had a few hunt couplings left over from modifying my airfix mk2 coaches. Removing the old coupling from the 67 and superglueing this one on seems to have worked a treat. I know it’s not a popular model but just in case anyone is interested. Also works the same for the Lima 67. In fact, I think the Hornby and Lima GUV’s have the same. forum_image_642664e7637b5.thumb.png.16ef2fa6c26114392abd0e676ef2ae2d.pngforum_image_642664ec60530.thumb.png.6e2f0887f516d36c2fafa58ec41c36fc.png