Why no small tender loco in initial TT120 phases?

New08

I've also found that trying to reply to a comment is a bit of a pain on this, anyhow!

I agree with the earlier comment about a era 4/5 '08 it surely wouldn't be that hard for Hornby to have created that as a sensible addition given most of their initial release is of the period.

I'm going to have a lovely little layout all BR era 4/5 with a monstrosity of a bright red era 10 shunter screaming out at you.

For all the announcements about "its not a toy" and "we are creating models" they do seem to be going about "frustrating" (for lack of an appropriate word) the very market they are allegedly targeting.

I've just totted up my current spend and I'm not far short of four figures already and happy to increase that but I want it to be (to that end I'm buying a 3d printer next week to make some people and bits which aren't available)

Indeed, the picture of the TT120 blue 08 on the sales page shows a ladder fitted, I am not 100% sure whether this could be correct for the early 70s when the loco received it's TOPS numbering.

However the description accompanying the loco says it is an early (1957) example and from my comparatively limited detail knowledge of 08s the model is correct in that it has wooden cab doors. Wouldn't it have been just as easy to have therefore released a livery variant of the same loco in BR green to match the initial wagon releases?

I do appreciate there is a huge range to cover and it will take time, but it doesn't seem very joined up to have planned as an initial release of so many Era 4 and 5 wagons and provide nothing but a Pacific to pull them.