Next 18 Decoders Out of Stock

Clement Matchett

Having bought, on eBay, an Easterner set, largely because of my wish to back up my photo of William Whitelaw, posted here some weeks ago, with a model, I discover that the Next 18 HM7000 decoders are now out of stock! So I can’t run it without cannibalisation (if that is how you spell it!)

And like straight track, with no information about when they might become available again.

Peter, a lot of retailers are showing stock of the Next18 decoders so worth a quick internet search or check with your local model shop (just don’t tell them you model in TT:120, they may burn you are as a witch 🤣

Peco, Tillig both have compatible track and do a search on eBay if anyone is selling off trainset track after buying a set for the loco and coaches because it is such good value!

I think they just put their stock online as soon as a shipment comes in. With high demand (likely across the whole UK railway modelling world) I’m surprised they lasted as long as they did. With ongoing supply chain issues in the global transport network and this high demand, intermittent supply will be the case for a while until demand settles.

The HM7000 system will likely be a huge boost to Hornby. They’ll be delighted with demand. It’ll recharge their coffers too - with TT AND HM7000 both under development they must have invested a fair amount over the past few years and it’s good to see that paying off. What a transformation they’ve gone through since 2017.

I think only Hornby’s Hm7000 decoders can access their sound profiles.

Not all Next18 decoders have Bluetooth. Few do as far as I can tell.

Not all Hornby Hm7000 Next18 decoders have sound either, only their R7345. Other retailers have them in stock.

If it says HM7000-nnTXS then it is a Hornby bluetooth sound decoder. Other makes of decoders do not have bluetooth capability or if they do they are not compatible with the HM7K system, nor can they accept the Hornby sound files.