R 3140 Northern Class body removal

grumpy old man

Have you tried finding service sheets on this website Fishy? They're listed by service sheet number rather than loco type or R number and there are only 10 sheets per page. It takes an awful lot of work for what should be a simple operation. The most you

should have to do is put the R number in the search box and it should point you toward the service sheet. It does with other models.

Hi

I have yet to find a service sheet from any UK outline loco manufacturer, and that includes Hornby, that in detail explains exactly how to remove a particular locos body shell from the chassis! e.g. Locate the 4 screws marked as 'xx' remove then

gently ease the body off of the chassis. Or remove umpteen screws marked 'xxx', insert thin card shims along the body and then ease the body shell from the chassis etc.

poliss said:

Have you tried finding service sheets on this website Fishy? They're listed by service sheet number rather than loco type or R number and there are only 10 sheets per page. It takes an awful lot of work for what should be a simple

operation. The most you should have to do is put the R number in the search box and it should point you toward the service sheet. It does with other models.
Ys poliss, I know. I usually pull down the soft copy of the sheet for my locos - easier to find

it filed on the computer than look for the piece of paper. There's about 15 pages of them to search through too but at least you can usually figure it out from the file title although there can be multiple file names where there are different versions of the

same model, then you have to open them to find which one.

Archived