Hornby decoder R8249 will not work in consist with NCE decoder

StephenE

I have tried to consist just using the sample described in the Elite manual, I was not aware of the different kinds of consists and I will check it out asap, thanks for the advice

poliss said:

What kind of consist have you attempted to

set up? Basic, Universal or Advanced?

It's always best to use the same make of decoder in consists as they will have a different performance envelope.

How do I get to find out more about the consist modes Basic, Universal or Advanced, I checked out the Elite manual page 23 as suggested by Flashbang and I am still confused.

poliss said:

What kind of consist have you attempted to set

up? Basic, Universal or Advanced?

It's always best to use the same make of decoder in consists as they will have a different performance envelope.

You know it all works better when you remember to disolve Group/Consist numbers in future I will write them down and say if I have disolved them and what loco numbers make up the consist. The penny dropped when I tried the locos last night using the select

controller and each of them worked by themselves and that set me to thinking so this morning I went through all of my possible consist numbers on the elite controller and disolved them until I found the right one and bingo they now work etc separately. Thanks

to all for their suggestions.

Rog (RJ) said:

StephenE said:

How do I get to find out more about the consist modes Basic, Universal or Advanced, I checked out the Elite manual page 23 as suggested by Flashbang and I am still

confused.

See http://www.tonystrains.com/technews/consisting-guide.htm

Archived