Turning Triangle - Reverse Loop?

Bulleidboy

A colleague has built a dog bone layout, with sidings going from both sides at one end, which connect up - effectively giving him a triangle at one end with a curved base (the end of the dog bone) - which I think gives him a reverse loop situation. He

is using insul frog points with no DCC link wires and his power to the layout is connected at the curved base of the triangle - he has also used IRJ's on both points leading from the main circuit to the sidings. He gets a short circuit when one of the points

is thrown - any ideas??

Sorry, posted before I was ready! The two IRJs on the lower straight section are 'best practice' and if Insulated frog points are used could be omitted, but I would add them anyway together with the additional feeds. The main four IRJs are the ones on

the end of the Y where the Y tracks converge and then the point and track after these IRJs are fed from the RLM output onwards to the final exit pair of IRJs (Not shown in the drawing) which are fitted at least the longest trains lengths after the four Y ones.

Archived