Unable to re-set Bachmann 21 pin DCC decoder

candishtowers

I have been trying to re-set my 21 pin Bachmann decoder (CV No. 8 reads as 101) but with no sucess. I have messed up the CV playing around with them and the loco woks but is "jittery" for want of a better word. I have an ECOS controller so I thought it would be easy to reset the decoder by writing 8 to CV8 on teh programming track. No such luck. The ECOS reads "OK" on the display once this is done, but all the CVs remain the same, so CV1=69 which I programmed the loco to initially instead of a reset which i should expect to show 3 as CV1. I could just buy another decoder I suppose, and the loco does work, but not smoothly. Just wodered if anybody had any ideas to try and further the re-set?

Have you checked in the decoder’s spec to ensure CV8 is the reset CV and not another CV?

Apart from that, I’m stumped (your own fault Fishy, shouldn’t have wandered out of your crease, especially after watching Jonny do it!) given your CV writing seems to be ok otherwise.

Unless someone comes up with something else soon, I’d be returning the decoder under warranty.

Thanks guys, I had a look at the ZIMO site too. I think I’ll just it down to “experience” and not go around messing with CVs as much - Should be OK to do that I know, but hey? I can live with it, perhaps I’ll find a new home for the decoder so it controls just lights or something.

The Bachmann website does indeed indicate that some of their decoders are rebadged Zimo ones.

The previously quoted Zimo manual states reset is CV8=8 OR CV8=0. This suggests that zero for reset is used for some Zimo decoder models.