Hornby Class 56 Locomotive

Cyril -363343

My Name is Mr Cyril Torrington

I have a class 56 Hornby Locomotive, that has a problem with the wiring from the pick up's on the bogies to the main board. After some time with the Locomotive being in use, the wires break away from the contacts on the bogies. This Locomotive, has been returned to Hornby Hobbies, in the uk, for repair, which they did, much appreciated. However, after some time in use, the same problem re-occurred, I have a Class 60, that doesn't seem to have the same problem. Now the sad story, is that, The loco got knocked off the test track, onto a hard floor, which caused a considerable damage to the Locomotive. We have managed to re-assemble , the Model which surprisingly, is running, But some of the wires have been disconected. So I need a wiring diagram to make sure the wires are reconnected, to the correct trminals

Unfortunately Hornby do not have separate wiring diagrams for their locos. The best you can hope for is some indication of wiring on the associated service sheets which are available for many locos in the support area.

If you are competent with a multimeter then check continuity of the detached wires to wherever they indicate and work it out from basic principles.

The springy lighting connectors between the 56 body and chassis have always been a problem and I cut mine off and hard wired past then using small plugs and sockets (pin headers).

You say you have a class 60. Would comparing the chassis of that with the 56 - I appreciate there have been changes to specifications of both over the years - give you any pointers as to the connections that have been severed, alongside 96RAF's advice above?