Class 56 DCC Fitting

geochoice

Nope not new fish, got code 56 090 on the side, light each end and a ringfield type motor but not same as the Riviera 56 I did. This one is black motor, one black and red go thro trailing bogie apart from that seems lots blacks and reds hum hum di dum.....

I think the Service Sheet number is 229B and the reason for all of the extra wires is the lights at each end. The principle is still the same though - remove the reds from one motor brush and the blacks from the other. Connect them to the decoder reds

and blacks. Then decoder orange and grey go to the motor brushes. You might want to also change the lights to be connected to white and yellow with the blue common return.

BUT, yo

To finish the last line:

BUT you must make sure that the left motor brush is isolated from the chassis or you will fry the decoder. See other posts on how to isolate if needed.

And poliss will get upset with me about EU regulations but I suggest

you remove the capacitor and bead too. No need to worry about voided warranty on this one.

Nothing to do with EU regulations Fishy. It's the UK Communications Act 2003. It goes something like '..if your model railway interferes with your neighbours telly you will be transported to Aussie Tralia where you will be forced to watch Neighbours for

5 years non stop....

poliss said:

Nothing to do with EU regulations Fishy. It's the UK Communications Act 2003. It goes something like '..if your model railway interferes with your neighbours telly you will be transported to Aussie Tralia where you will be forced

to watch Neighbours for 5 years non stop....

That'll do nicely sir. And the fishes.

Anyway about the offending screw? Is it that one?

poliss said:

Nothing to do with EU regulations Fishy. It's the UK Communications Act 2003. It goes something like '..if your model railway interferes with your neighbours telly you will be transported to Aussie Tralia where you will be forced

to watch Neighbours for 5 years non stop....
I'm game for that if Kylie Minogue's still in it!

I'm struggling a little with your screw description as I didn't mention one and I'm only looking at a black and white diagram but I think you are right. If there is a short to chassis problem to be fixed, it done by either isolating this screw with a plastic

sleeve or replacing it with a nylon screw.

As far as Neighbours and Kylie are concerned, the program hasn't been compulsory for over 10 years and you see more of Kylie than we do. In fact, you'll have trouble organising to get transported at all as a lot

of our Government energy goes into stopping various refugees transporting themselves here via people smugglers. I know you have the problem too but at least trucks don't sink half way like some of the rotten boats do.

Hi Fish. Well I removed the screw as there was an error read on the test track with it in place and now it is out the test track is not showing any error message. Next is to put something back in that doesn't conduct. Hopefully that was all tha was needed

to cure the short. Apart that is from another decoder :-( cos I fried it with your fishes.

As for Kylie, we don't see much of her here but you can have Jason back if you want.

Hi Fishy, Took out the left hand screw from motor as advised and separated the final red from the motor and attached to the chip, put it on test track and FLASH, frightened s*** out of me but turns out it was the lights contacting and cos no case on it

looked like bonfire night !!

Anyway all is sorted now and it goes lie a train (sic). Thanks for your help and advice, I must admit I am useless at this, dangerous even and instead of unsoldering all the wires I tend to cut and shut them cos my soldering

isn't too neat, same end but easier (for me anyway). Enjoy all the fish. Geo

Archived