HORNBY R60082 CHRISTMAS WAGON 2023

Towler

Has anyone who has received the HORNBY R60082 Christmas wagon 2023 noticed that more than one description label has been applied to end flap on the box.It makes you wonder what is on the first label or has the label machine gone into overdrive.Could be difficult to sell any of these on.I bought 6 for family members only to find the whole six had two labels applies to them.HORNBY should not have offered these for sale.I have collected theses since they were first produced in 2005 and nothing like this has happened before.Where is the HORNBY quality control?Photo enclosed.forum_image_64e7a576439cf.thumb.png.f0544711d0ff731b409f5506a197ff21.png

Hello Towler

Are you sure that the label underneath is the same as the one on top? 😉

Maybe its just me, but I do not envision this situation devaluing anything. Having seen any number of older Hornby items, with just this type of 'over label', I would consider this to be normal practice for Hornby.

You can be confident that your gift recipients will appreciate the wagon, label not withstanding.

Bee

Thanks Bee for your comments.I don’t know what’s on the label underneath the outer one and I am certainly not going to try and remove it.I have been in touch with HORNBY customer services and they have told me that all of the Christmas 2023 wagons have arrived with overlabeling.I just can’t believe that!

I'm waiting on one of these to arrive at the moment via a box shifter near Liverpool. It's a generic sized box for Hornby and could be purposed for any number of different wagons no doubt.

As Rob has noted perhaps the labeling machine was having a bad day, or perhaps the packaging dept labeled up too many boxes for the wagon immediately preceding the Christmas one and didn't want to waste those.

Hardly the end of the world I would have thought.

HK.