R3991SS BR, A3 Class, 'Flying Scotsman' With Steam Generator, Diecast Footplate & Flickering Firebox - Era 4

Peter-366809

I periodically check Smoke Generator models. I remember that the Flying Scotsman present for quite some time, but a customer could not order it.

I suspect that it sold out, but only Hornby Customer Service has the authority to confirm this.

I suggest you write to them directly. customercare@hornby.com

Under no circumstances should you cancel this existing pre-order. Let it ride!

Bee

Another thing is if you look at your original pre order price you will find it is incredibly competitive so definitely don't cancel it. If you ordered it through Hornby you should be able to see it on your pre orders. Call me a pessimist but if it follows all the other new locos then we have a long time to go.

AndyMac

The link you provided is an orphan link. That is, you cannot arrive at that page by any path starting at uk.hornby.com.

That page is therefore technically withdrawn.

Whomever Hornby pays to maintain their website is not doing a great job. That firm thinks if you break the links from the root page, the page is dead. Nope. That no one will ever have bookmarked the page. Nope again.

The page still functions, yet no updates to the page are made. Hornby is not maintaining it, the information it contains is out of date.

I attempted many different ways to get to that page, without any success. Unless shown otherwise, that link is an orphan.

Bee

I often wonder if they use the local primary school. To be serious though, it isn't the best. There are a lot of people who think they are software experts just because they managed to write a "Hello World" program (joke amongst software developers) even on this site there was a supposed software expert who didn't know the correlation between binary and hex (try repeating a 64 bit binary number down a telephone line)..

At the last Warley show, I was told by one of the Hornby staff that it would be out in June this year, obviously it didn't happen.

I'm waiting for both the Scotsman and Black 5 which I ordered as soon as they were advertised.

I suspect that since the loco's first being advertised, the new Bluetooth system has emerged and that has meant a bit of redesigning of the loco's. I could be wrong but it's possibly what's happened.

Regardless, I wait with baited breath for these two new arrivals.

It would be nice if Hornby did give a definitive update though.

I think you will find that the steam generator locos and HM7K were being developed in tandem, just as the TT120 locos were designed to accommodate the HM7K Next18 decoders.

Hornby could have stuck with an 8 pin interface like TTS as that was all that was fitted to the majority of their products and added only Next18 for TT120 but they have also added the 21 pin versions as they knew that format was best suited to the additional functionality needed for the steam generator locos.

Remember that all those products have long development programs before they ever get exposed to the public.

I often wonder if they use the local primary school. To be serious though, it isn't the best. There are a lot of people who think they are software experts just because they managed to write a "Hello World" program (joke amongst software developers) even on this site there was a supposed software expert who didn't know the correlation between binary and hex (try repeating a 64 bit binary number down a telephone line)..

I refuse to rise to your bait Colin. I was thinking as passing your comment about their software writers to Hornby in case they were recruiting.