My website Plasticville Route 66

Aldebaran

PLASTICVILLE ROUTE 66 (webnode.it)

Dear Friends,

I created the website of my American model with a free host. Unfortunately I cannot publish the site in foreign languages as I would have to pay an annual fee. However, I hope you can see it and I believe that if you set your browser you can have the translation into English online for free.

Best regards

Alberto

i have translated my home page for you:

Hi everyone.

My name is Alberto, I am a 65 year old true vintage boomer who is passionate about model trains. Since 1964, the year in which I received the first train as a gift, this passion has never abandoned me and over time it has become even stronger.

I remember with great emotion the first complete Rivarossi system, a gift from my father, a large oval with 2 electrified switches and two shelter tracks to couple and uncouple freight wagons.

The locomotive was a two-box semi-articulated locomotive, the E646 in fog gray and magnolia green and on the front stood the FS shield, symbol of the rebirth of our railways after the Second World War. The locomotive had white lights that lit up in the direction of marching and supplied with the wagons (one UIC for the transport of coal, one of the SV for the coal, a closed wagon for the transport of grapes, wines, musts, a white TOTAL tank) the highlight was a brown trunk which housed inside a 1.5 volt super battery. A small skate sliding on two special tracks arranged as desired along the oval emitted a sound that imitated with great imagination the locomotive whistle. For this composition my mother gave me a Gr. 625 steam locomotive , called Signorina by the railway workers for the elegance of its shapes with a 100-door wagon and a Dy trunk. When leaving school I ate in record time so I could play with my toy trains placed only for the Christmas period on the dining room table. On my knees I followed the moving train with my eyes ........ Since then other Lima trains followed and even today the best gift for me is receiving a wagon, a carriage or buying a locomotive.

HI

yes, I'm sure it's all of us just as I'm sure that for many of us this wonderful adventure was born precisely by receiving a starter set as a gift for Christmas.

Merry Christmas with all my heart to all of you and give your children and grandchildren a starter set, only in this way will the passion for this wonderful hobby never end.

Alberto