Where can I get my Coronation 46220 Repaired

Nicholas-375659

I have a 4-6-2 coronation class “Coronation” No. 46220 limited edition.

The small nut has come off the front bogey causing the front leading bogey to drop away.

I can’t see how to get it back on looks very fiddly.

Is there somewhere I can send this loco to be repaired as it is limited edition number 287/500.

I really like this locomotive and want it repaired and back running.

Thanks.

Nick, when the post creation box asks for a title, it is asking for a title to give your thread not your name.

You can try editing your thread title by using the 3 dot 'Edit' menu option. For the title edit to stick it is advised to make a small edit to the main content text as well before saving (forum bug).

If you lose sight of this thread, a mod may have edited the title for you.

In answer to your question "Peter's Spares" offer a postal loco repair service as do other online service providers as well as Hornby themselves (contact Hornby Customer Services and ask).

Peters Spares Model Railways

Have you used Google to search for repairers ... see example search results below:

model locomotive repair service - Google Search

I think there should also be the screw, transparent plastic washer and a spring?

Is there a local hobby / model shop nearby - there's always somebody deft with a pair of tweezers and a screwdriver somewhere.

They are fiddly, I've encountered that with my 'new tool' Coronations over the last few years, fitting the larger-wheeled bogie.

(Sometimes think it may be easier simply to gently prise off the wheels and replace the the more-correct ones, than perform the bogie transfer routine!)

Al.

It easy to fix if you are ok unscrewing things. The front bogie is held on by a screw just in front of the front driving wheels. It is either an M2 or M2.5. Unscrew it and the front bogie comes away, it literally is a two minute job. The bigger issue is finding the nut that has come off, but if you have it, then with the bogie off it is quite easy to fix.