Recent efforts

Dominic Thomas

The nice part of most of the Matchbox kits are the different options, so the Halifax can also be this:

forum_image_658d971b1810f.png.3766fa7349bf67bcf110edf922273212.png

The Halifax GR.II Series IA was the definitive Coastal Command variant of the GR.II with glazed nose mounting .50 in (12.7 mm) machine gun, Merlin XX or 22 engines, B-P A-type dorsal turret and extra long-range fuel tanks in fuselage. A ventral turret holding a single .50 in (12.7 mm) machine gun was mounted on most aircraft although some employed the ASV.Mk 3 radar in its place.

Matthias

aka modelldoc

• 1 month later...

The secret, if you like the hobby and get a sense of achievement from it, is to challenge yourself by doing something new quite often. Above all, don’t give up and you will get better. That’s the way I do it.

Looking forward to your next pictures.

The next couple of models are alternatives to the Airfix offerings. I had this MPM Blenheim before the latest Airfix versions were released and I wanted to make it before I tackled the new Airfix ones.

I would say it’s more detailed than the original Airfix Blenheim from the 1960s, but it’s very challenging and not a model that would make me want to buy several.

I’ve not yet added the propeller blades, so we can pretend the engines are running.

The Lysander is the Frog version, and again, I don’t think it’s quite up to the Airfix version, but I haven’t made that one yet.

forum_image_65bbdc7ecf0fe.thumb.png.1add1a9c5f4b53566141b08e30a5673f.png

forum_image_65bbdc866ced4.thumb.png.ab37c3455cff42455f3373e797f8aee9.png

Nice builds on both!

Once you build the Airfix Blenheim you will never go back to another .As soon as I built one of the Airfix kits, I sold the others I had. I can say that the newer Airfix kit is the definitive kit of the 1/72 scale Blenheim.

I'm not familiar with the Lysander kits that are out there, I have yet to build one.

Randall

Thanks, Randall. Even though I haven’t made it yet, a look in the box is enough to know that the latest Airfix Blenheim is the ‘go to’ kit for this aircraft.

Anyway, the next group are attempt to paint the early WWII French camouflage. I’d never done this before, and used different paints for each of these three early Frog kits. Not sure which is the best representation, and really, does it matter that much? See what you think.

forum_image_65bceaf63fbf7.thumb.png.0e85bfc267701b838be9f5bb6c32e738.png

forum_image_65bceafe288aa.thumb.png.f89c5e7c6c0b0cd6faa24a9d12493b1a.png

forum_image_65bceb067c1ae.thumb.png.89022d28f56d4c0f7035d5d2ccae1dba.png