Any plans for class 20 sound profile

I asked this very same question for an unrebuilt Battle of Britain/ West Country class. The response I got from Hornby was a link to the released list which is at the top of this forum. I must admit I am surprised they haven't got one. It appears for HM7000 they appear to be collecting new recordings and not far from here is the Ongar railway which has one. So it is probably one of the closest to Margate. Perhaps they have run out of Budget for this project.

‘Run out of budget’ is a somewhat extreme scenario. A more realistic assessment is that the team responsible for recording and compiling the various sound files is a small one (I know how many it is but it would be unfair to Hornby to reveal details). These things take time as revealed by the staggered release schedule already published.

The schedule, by the way, was released to coincide with the launch of HM7K and covers the first 15/18 months and would give Hornby a short/medium term assessment period for the new system. No doubt a revised list to take us through the remainder of the year (at least) will be available at some point.

This of course demonstrates a key benefit of the HM7K system in that if a profile is not available for a particular loco, a similar alternative can be loaded as an interim measure, then replaced at no additional cost when a more appropriate profile becomes available.

All firms run out of budget especially when it gets to December or April, we definitely used to, so all travel gets stopped until the next financial year. It doesn't seem that Hornby are currently selling a class 20 so perhaps that is why it is not high on their priority list. I am surprised though I think they sold a lot of them. I think we all know how big their team, or at least do a calculated guess, we have all seen the program.

Rather than speculate wildly on what budget what project has and how far through it they are…. I would refer to the published guide to what sound profiles are currently available and which are the next ones due with estimated time frames (by quarter)

Well Rallymatt we have a list at the top of this forum which if you ask Hornby they will point you to. So there is your answer, it is not on there. As SteveM6 says they haven't planned that far ahead.

SteveM6 you said "A more realistic assessment is that the team responsible for recording and compiling the various sound files is a small one (I know how many it is but it would be unfair to Hornby to reveal details). These things take time as revealed by the staggered release schedule already published." which to me says they haven't planned that far ahead, or if they have their small team hasn't got round to it yet. If they had it would be in that spreadsheet listed as summer 2024 or so on.

I don't have an agenda, it is not in the list, end of story. When they get the time they will probably add it. Looking at their current range of models it is not in there and when it was it was a Railroad model, so it should not be top of their priority list. Unrebuilt West Country has just been released , a premium product and that is not in the list, so to me that should be higher priority. I thought this was a discussion forum which is what I am doing.