Decauville coach or wagon in HO or OO

Hi has anyone spotted some OO or HO open passenger wagons to complete a chop picnic scene on my branch line. In the days they literally just put chairs onto a few plank wagons or ore gondolas.

I see these decuville style ones available in the finer scale and I realize it’s a little bit of a specialized item but maybe someone did them for example, the custom-made ones running with the Mary Anne in Maryborough Queensland Australia were built for standard line running. See attached pictures. All advice warmly revived otherwise maybe a simple covered 4 wheel wagon might be suitable.

forum_image_6595e6eeacb34.thumb.png.f67b8e183defc0b415f28aaa84b46c76.pngforum_image_6595e6f26942c.thumb.png.fdfa31fc317300bf9ff1d7e86feafe5f.png

I think the Minitrains ones are H0e rather than 009, I certainly have a few of the Jouef versions dating back to the 1970s if not earlier.

If you are not aware 009 is the same scale as OO (4mm/ft) but represents narrow gauge railways with a track gauge of around 2ft. To do this the model used 9mm gauge track (same as n gauge) rather than the 16.5mm of 00 standard gauge.

In the same way H0e represents narrow gauge railways in HO scale (3.5mm/ft) by using 9mm gauge track to represent 750mm gauge railways or thereabouts.

Hope this helps.

Yes and No your explanation is brilliant and agreed with so many scales it gets overwhelming so in a nutshell your saying instead of searching for

oo scale decauville coach

i could also type in

009 scale decauville coach

and it will run on my peco code 100?

or

the more likely response you may have to make them yourself. lol

Wapples

If I may be so bold.

I understood the message to say: purchase the Minitrains models. Run them on N gauge track, which is narrow gauge in OO scale. Your other nominal OO models will run on the OO track, not the N gauge track.

There will be, of necessity, an interchange where your passengers walk across a platform, from the 16.5mm OO track to the 9mm narrow gauge track, where they board the narrow gauge train to the picnic area.

Your mileage may vary. I think it will be easier to add a special narrow gauge line to your layout than to recreate the narrow gauge cars and locomotives in standard OO gauge.

Bee