Scan not working on dummy HST trailer car.

ColinB

I have 2 HM7000s one in the power car, one in the dummy car. I can load a profile for the power car no problem at all, every time I do a scan on the dummy car it finds the device but it comes up as a resettable Devices. I put in the reset code but keeps asking me to reset the device. I did it once but it continues to ask, so what am I doing wrong? These are both brand new decoders. Is it because the dummy car does not have a motor?

Did all that. In the end I deleted the app transferred the decoder to the power car and it is now programming. To say I am not impressed ,would be an understatement. Oh and the fans don't work as in the instruction manual.

Would you believe did all that, it now has the profile in it but doing a scan I still get resettable device. Works on DCC though with the right profile though just can't get it to do bluetooth. So is this a fault with the decoder?

Why did you delete the app (or did you mean ...from the app).

You could just have swapped the decoder over to any unassigned loco with a motor, neither the app nor the decoder have a clue where they are until you tell them.

Fans - have you got F12 switched on. Somewhere I have the regime for the fans, what they do when loco is stationary, what they do at certain speed steps, but I can't find it.

Something worth doing as a belt and braces delete, unasign decoder, unlink the decoder from app. ALSO delete the loco from the engine shed. Power cycle the track power supply fully (allow for any stay alives) and power cycle the app device (phone/lap top) fully. Proceed to link device as new 👍

I got there in the end by doing a lot of very different things, it now works on DCC and Bluetooth. The original one I reprogrammed went without any issues, for some reason this one didn't. The reason I delete the app is to make sure it isn't using any stale data. I will probably be doing an A4 tomorrow perhaps that will work better.

HST Fans Colin

F12 is manual - toggle them on or off as desired.

F23 invokes auto-fans. If speed steps are notch 1 then fans will cycle on and off 10 seconds on and 30 seconds off, rinse and repeat. If speed steps are notch 2 or higher fans stay on until speed steps drop to notch 1cor below.

Documentation will reflect this upon amendment, so write it down for now.