It was nice that Hornby kept their word

JJ73

Well back in 2022 (I think it was) I ordered the R30271 - LMS, Fowler 4P, 2-6-4T, 2300: Big Four Centenary Collection – Era 3 Loco & back then it was £175.33

& now if you look - Hornby are now selling it for £189.99 which is a differance of £14.66 - or a saving towards me (which ever way you want to look at it)!!! They could of easily sold me it at the higher price but they didn't -phew!!!

But I am still on waiting for another 2 Locos :-

R3983SS LNER, P2 Class, 2-8-2, 2007 'Prince of Wales' With Steam Generator - Era 11 - which I Pre-ordered on the 11/01/2022

&

R30225SS BR, Stanier 5MT 'Black 5', 4-6-0, 44726 With Steam Generator - Era 5 - which I also Pre-ordered on the 11/01/2022

Not sure when these will arrive - does any one know??? or is it the old "It arrives when it arrives" thing???

Thank you 🚂

Regarding the black 5 R30225, until a short while ago had an expected arrival of Spring 2024 but I see now its been put back to Autumn 2024. Like you I pre-ordered mine in January 2022. I wonder what the hold up is?

I understand that the ‘basic’ Black 5’s will be released late summer early autumn, but the smoker will likely not be until Christmas time. According to my conversation with Hornby Head of Development at Warley last year. They were still finalising the light fitment at that time. Hornby are excellent for holding the price at the time of order, but I think that their system doesn’t allow changes after confirmation. Along with certainty of supply, this is why I pre-order direct with Hornby if it is something I really want / need. With other manufacturers, I tend to purchase through my local shop where I get a nice discount.