Latest acquisition

Ratch

Not one of my usual genres, but i wanted to go off piste a little for something to do during the days when I visit my partner and she's working (the Milton Keynes and Northampton area only has so many craft beer venues to occupy me!).

IMG_20240722_1453271972.thumb.jpg.da4bd4f1ce92ad6e1fa0e07e0917b990.jpg

It's what I've come to expect from Revell - more flash than usual and curious moulding, but nice enough detail and parts for the money. And of course their rubbish box getting crushed a little in the mail.

Clear parts just packaged with other parts, so the canopy is scuffed a little, and the windshield damaged. So I'll hit them up for replacements. I've only asked Revell for replacements once before, and they were sent immediately from Germany, post paid, and for an ancient kit too. So although I have little grumbles about their kits, service like that makes me buy again.

And thought I'd try a little paint stand. I currently use croc clips on cocktail sticks in a sponge and it gets enough use to justify £8 or so on trading up.

Have a good week folks. Gavin.

Edit: it's a bit of a nostalgia choice for me too - I built an Airfix version about 38 years ago I think.

Edited by Nerazzurri

On 22/07/2024 at 15:06, Nerazzurri said:

Vlear parts just packaged with other parts, so the canopy is scuffed a little, and the windshield damaged. So I'll hit them up for replacements. I've only asked Revell for replacements once before, and they were sent immediately from Germany, post paid, and for an ancient kit too. So although I have little grumbles about their kits, service like that makes me buy again.

Just over a week later........free, well wrapped, new parts 👍

IMG_20240801_195316775.thumb.jpg.b73eab3c3847fa07f52231774f79f950.jpg

• Like 1

This is my latest haul from the 20% off weekend. I succumbed and bought  the Mystery Tank Bundle, although I did have a good idea what was in it. Not bad though for £56

image.thumb.jpeg.95ff1362cbd79ef29caef4253c37bf09.jpeg

That's three Tigers I have now so I think one of these may be finding it's way onto Ebay

Ian

Edited by Valhalla
  • Like 1

A quite basic kit. But I'd like to gradually get a little collection of the Regia Aeronautica together.

Gavin.

Edit: from Hannants, I think it was about £15.50.

IMG_20240807_122415203~2.jpg

IMG_20240807_122427373~2.jpg

IMG_20240807_122445239~2.jpg

Edited by Nerazzurri

I dropped into my LMS this morning on whim, and was really REALLY  pleased to pick this up - I've wanted one for years, since they first came out, but they keep slipping me by. I'm so glad Airfix decided to re-release it this year. 

spacer.png 

I don't think it'll spend long in the 'To Build' pile. 

• Like 2

Another Gladiator in 1/72nd scale.... Just too tempting I'm afraid. I've already built one as a 247 Squadron aircraft (1940, BoB), and I've got one waiting in the pile to be built as 1940 Battle of France 615 Squadron. Now, should I build this one OOB as 1940 Norway battle, or waste the unusual scheme and decals, and build it instead as 'Pat' Pattle's aircraft from North Africa? Decisions, decisions....

gladNorway.jpg.c9344448fe990f4effb19fb97c035477.jpg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, null_null981707818191 said:

Another Gladiator in 1/72nd scale.... Just too tempting I'm afraid. I've already built one as a 247 Squadron aircraft (1940, BoB), and I've got one waiting in the pile to be built as 1940 Battle of France 615 Squadron. Now, should I build this one OOB as 1940 Norway battle, or waste the unusual scheme and decals, and build it instead as 'Pat' Pattle's aircraft from North Africa? Decisions, decisions....

gladNorway.jpg.c9344448fe990f4effb19fb97c035477.jpg

The solution is obvious - buy another one 😁 then you can build both.

'Pat' Pattle was a really interesting character, I read a book on his exploits over Greece a few years ago. Stupidly I gave it away - I wish I'd kept it now. 

Aye, I bought one a couple of weeks ago and then saw them on Jadlam so I succumbed this weekend and bought another.

That's 6 in total now 3 new and 3 old. I would say I should stop at that but I also saw another on ebay last week with resin cockpit, Flightpath Weapons and Details set and other PE sets, so I made an offer ...

I can resist anything but temptation 🙂

You've got to love a Bucc'

Ian

Edited by Valhalla
Realised I may have been promoting another company although they're only reselling, so removed the price. Not sure on the forum rules for this.
  • Haha 1

An impulse buy, I guess. It's a reboxing of Academy's tooling and supposedly makes a nice model. A glance at the plastic certainly looks like nice moulding.

5 sprues, 1 of which is clear, and 4 colour schemes and decals.

IMG_20240814_1757474922.thumb.jpg.19eb048268ce5ff79a014d2bc677981d.jpg

• Like 4