Latest acquisition

Ratch

2 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Impulse buys always get the best results. That's what I tell myself anyway 🙂

Lovely looking aircraft too

Ian

Hope so Ian.

I've never built a P-38. I had a 1/48 Tamiya one before I decided I wanted to settle on a constant scale, so I sold that one.

It's going in the stash for a wee while, but having looked at the sprues I'm really looking forward to it.

Gavin.

Haven't bought any models for a while ... my latest buy was a stock of polystyrene cement, decal sheets and plastic card ....... 

Note to myself:  Must go to one of the local model shops soon.....

• 2 weeks later...

Ah that brings back memories, Those old ships are such classics.
I have the Golden Hind original bagged version stashed away in an old video box for protection somewhere. If memory serves, that was a waterline model.

Ian

On 14/08/2024 at 13:12, Nerazzurri said:

An impulse buy, I guess. It's a reboxing of Academy's tooling and supposedly makes a nice model. A glance at the plastic certainly looks like nice moulding.

5 sprues, 1 of which is clear, and 4 colour schemes and decals.

IMG_20240814_1757474922.thumb.jpg.19eb048268ce5ff79a014d2bc677981d.jpg

They do build into very nice models. The only add on I used was the quickboost engine cowlings to correct the shape of the kit cowlings.IMG_1719.thumb.jpeg.50c8f21b27a5e3d3763ae3df3cda4702.jpeg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, A J Rimmer said:

Very nice - I have the 1/144 versions - I be the 1/72 kits look fantastic. 

They look amazing in the box. The small versions are actually about 1/300, at 1/72 they are huge.

• Like 1

From my local model shop's 2nd hand pile - still sealed. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

A couple of old, but not bad looking kits. I built the F-3 years ago, but made a complete hash of it and have since binned it - looking forward to having another go. 

As for the F-4G, I've wanted one for ages to go with my Late Cold War USAF collection, and I've never built an F-4. Not looking forward to the white plastic however! 

Cheers! 

Edited by A J Rimmer
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Dominic Thomas said:

A local model shop - ah, those were the days ! 😥

I'm lucky enough to have 4 in about a 1/2 hour's drive - although granted two of them are more geared towards wargaming and one is mainly 2nd hand train stuff. 

• Like 1