How many options!

Hello everyone.

New to the entire Scalextric thing, so be gentle with this girly

Why are there so many options! I have a been an hour Googling what Magic Arc, Arc Pro, Arc Air etc means.   I am so lost.

I have no idea what to get started with.

I basically want a 2 lane setup in my spare room for me and hubby to play with, and I was going to set this all up as a surprise present.

But... I am so lost.   Is the following correct?

Arc Pro is a digital, but you can change lanes and have up to 6 cars.   Wired controllers? 

Arc Air is wireless, but analogue and therefore no lane changing.  Wireless controllers.

Magic Arc is an app I can run that is compatible with Arc Pro?  (not Arc air?).

OR... I can use the Magic Arc app with an Arc powerbase?

Lets say this.   I would like 2 lanes, with lane changing, advanced abilities (like pit lane control etc), and a monitor running some kind of software to control all of this.  How would I do that?

I have a spare PC with HDMI out, Bluetooth etc

Help please!

Tara x

Start here:

https://uk.scalextric.com/community/advice/getting-started

and

https://uk.scalextric.com/community/advice/app-race-control

And if you still have questions please come back and give us ping...

One question though: What do you mean by "lane changing"?

There are analog lane crossovers that must be used in pairs that allow the cars to go from one lane to the other and there are digital lane changers where the driver determines if they go straight or switch lanes.

If the former then ARC AIR is your best bet. If the latter you will be "going digital" which requires a digital chip in the car and the ARC PRO powerbase.

All ARC systems are compatible with all APPs but only the Magic app can use a PC at this time.