1/72 Hawker Hunter

BillMC

Seems a bit pointless in painting it, as the kit is alread black. Unless of course I wanted the camouflaged version. BTW I prefer the older versions of Airfix kits, because they are much easier and quicker to build.

I decided to paint it gloss black and it turned out OK. These older versions of Airfix kits are much more easier and quicker to assemble and there is far less hassle putting the decals on. I like this plane and I fancy getting another two of them for doing the Swiss and the RAF camouflage versions:

20240523_235545.jpg

20240523_235418.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Dominic Thomas said:

I agree, it looks good, and the gloss finish looks good. 
I understand your point about quick and easy. But it did seem to be expensive (£19) for a really basic kit. Have you tried the Revell version?

Some of these kits were priced higher than £19. If it seems expensive then I expect it will be due to its raritry and it did include P&P. Level 2 Airfit kits are usually priced over £20.

No I've never done the Revell version, but I might if I can find one.

Edited by BillMC

This has been a great kit over the years but it would be good if Airfix could produce a new tool of an earlier f4 version, as used in the Suez invasion. It's annoying that multiple after market decal sheets are available for this aircraft but there appears to be no kit from a mainstream manufacturer.

I read on another forum that there is a bit of an issue with the wing position on the fuselage - they should be further back, or the nose should be longer, or something. Don't know if that's true.