Arc Pro not working in analogue mode

Hi - my Arc Pro works fine in digital mode with all my digital cars and USED to work fine with my non-digital cars. But now when I flick the switch to analogue (ie towards the track) my analogue cars won’t work at all. Can anyone help, please? David in Poole, Dorset 

Some clues: 

1. I have just put conductive aluminium tape over all my track, including 6 x power taps in various places all round my circuit (4x16) and all digital cars work fine with it, with no power surges now. 

2. The same non-digital cars cars used to work fine but now they don’t.

3. The light is RED on top of my Arc Pro powerbase in analogue mode. 

4. For a split second, one of the analogue cars goes ‘txt’ when I press the controller (red or green one) and then… nothing whatsoever. The Arc powerbase remains lit up showing both red/green controllers are connected. 

…any idea please????

Posted (edited)

Hi there Meatloaf1,

I would recommend that you re-check the six power taps to make sure they only ever connect between different locations on the SAME lane.

If a power tap connects between lane 1 and lane 2 then the system would function correctly in digital mode but give a red LED ‘current overload’ signal in analog mode as soon as either of the throttles is pressed.

Sounds like the problem you are experiencing?

c

Edited by Dr_C
  • Thanks 1

So… just so this might help others in a similar fix:

I’d connected each power tap up correctly, ie the correct way round on both lanes, all the way round the whole circuit to the ‘bus bar’ underneath the track. So far so good. But THEN what I’d done (schoolboy error!) was connect ALL the red cables up together and ALL the blacks up together. Made sense at the time!! But now I’ve disconnected all the cables from the busbar and both digital and analog modes work perfectly. 

nb: I also had a strange fault whereby I thought I had analogue working okay, but when I FULL depressed the hand controller it would then cut out. 

…both issues now fixed, and I’m connecting the two lanes up as two separate lanes of course. HUGE THANKS for your help and advice, guys, very much appreciated!

all my best

David 

• Thanks 1