Locos randomly stopping while using e-link

Hi,

I've recently changed my layout control to an e-link and RailMaster. Everything was initially running fine, but after adding two Hornby R8247 decoders, trains suddenly stop for no reason and then start again. It's just for a second. During which time all the lights stay on as does the sound. I have doubled checked all my wiring to check for intermittent shorts, but all was well. 

To exhaust every possible thing before I asked the question here, I have swapped USB cables. Swapped power supplies. Tried it with one loco on track at a time. Tried it using Bluetooth via the app. Here's where I found an anomaly. If the e-link was just sending power to the track, the locos worked perfectly under Bluetooth. But as soon as the e-link is plugged into the USB, the problem starts. Even without RM running, the locos stop and start. RM also stops controlling the locos after a few stops and starts. Lights and sound work, but no movement or change of directional lights. I have to re-install the profile via the app to get them working again with RM but they work via BT.

Has anyone ever observed this behaviour before and if so, is there a fix?

Thanks in advance

Dan

I run TGG which is much the same as RM only better, using both Elite or eLink as controllers and can run locos both external to, but in parallel with TGG, under the app and under DCC conditions. I do however have my points (R8247 control via elink) on a separate bus and thus under separate control to my track bus (Elite), which I have found to divorce any data flow lag that occurs using a single controller.

My first question is what PSU are you using to power the eLink. If the weedy 1-amp wall wart then likely there lies your problem. Switch to the 4-amp brick.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 96RAF said:

I run TGG which is much the same as RM only better, using both Elite or eLink as controllers and can run locos both external to, but in parallel with TGG, under the app and under DCC conditions. I do however have my points (R8247 control via elink) on a separate bus and thus under separate control to my track bus (Elite), which I have found to divorce any data flow lag that occurs using a single controller.

My first question is what PSU are you using to power the eLink. If the weedy 1-amp wall wart then likely there lies your problem. Switch to the 4-amp brick.

Thank you for your reply.

I'm using the 1-amp and did think that could be the issue. I ordered the 4 amp this afternoon. Hopefully that will be the end of the issues. 

I've seen a few posts about TGG and it sounds very interesting. Especially the detection aspect. I understand that it is in a very closed beta stage at the time of writing, but look forward to perhaps one day trying it.

Thanks again.

Dan